I think we all have days where we question, "what is wrong with the world?" or "where is the humanity"? In the daily hustle we forget that the smallest, and most simple acts are often huge in impact. Whether it's buying a homeless person lunch, volunteering your time, or simply giving a helping hand to someone in need - these are all acts that take very little money, but are priceless acts for those helped.
This blog is going to be dedicated to highlighting and sharing the little acts of warmth that people show others. I'm hoping for my followers to get the feeling of, "faith in humanity restored" after reading my blog. I think it's very easy to get caught up in your own drama and your own day-to-day hubbub: this site is dedicated to looking outside of ourselves and focusing on the good in the world. It is my goal for it to be an inspirational tool and resource for those who are looking to do some good who are just uninspired with what they can do.
Video of the day: Make the Homeless Smile Compilation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKz2DGcUbwE
This video has gone viral and I realize I am not the first to see it or share it, but each time I see it my eyes fill with tears. These SIMPLE and brief interactions are heart warming. If each of us vowed to do ONE act of warmth a month (or week) we could change the world!
Happy Friday, welcome to my blog! Reach out and spread the warmth!
No comments:
Post a Comment